This section contains posts of job opportunities (employers looking for candidates).
Resource Innovations – Energy Efficiency Outreach Coordinator
Resource Innovations is currently seeking a Project Coordinator that will be based in Chandler, Arizona or surrounding areas. We are seeking mission driven individuals with a demonstrated interest in energy efficiency and the right mix of organizational skills, effective communication, and interpersonal skills to support RI’s outreach team supporting trade allies such as contractors and utility customers in participating in the SRP Business Solutions program. Specific responsibilities will include: becoming well-versed in the SRP Business Solutions Programs, fielding phone calls and responding to emails from trade allies (contractors, etc.) and customer inquiries regarding application process or program requirements. In some cases, this candidate may be asked to attend meetings with trade allies and customers to provide support in the application process. In addition, candidate may be asked to perform on-site inspections of customer facilities to verify installation and inspect equipment. An understanding of building systems (especially HVAC/mechanical systems) refrigeration and construction practices is a plus.
This position is currently remote due to the office being closed. When the office opens, it is expected that staff will be asked to return in some regularity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide consistent and timely support for potential and participating trade allies and utility customers by answering program questions, reviewing project plans and assisting in the rebate application process
- Work closely with trade allies to maximize their participation, which include but are not limited to contractors, engineering firms, architects, energy service companies, developers, distributors, manufacturers & property managers
- Educate trade allies and customers on the program offerings, submission process and requirements
- Perform job site inspections which may include scaling ladders and walking on roofs
- Earn and maintain trade ally, customer and client trust and continually build relationships
- Proactively screen and manage incoming projects to ensure project integrity and documented compliance with program requirements
- Obtain appropriate project information that facilitates quick and timely project application processing
- Work collaboratively and communicate well with the team during the project review process to ensure good communication resulting in a smooth and efficient application submittal
- Closely manage projects that begin to stagnate and take appropriate action and steps to complete or close the project after considering size, viability, timeline, etc.
- Track trade ally and project communications using Salesforce customer management software
- Provide immediate program and technical feedback; leverage internal resources (engineering and business management teams) as necessary
- Support and recruit trade allies in joining the utility’s trade ally network
- Administrative tasks and other reporting duties will also be required, as assigned.
- Associate or Bachelor degree is required or comparable work experience in buildings systems and/or energy efficiency/sustainability will be considered
- Excellent organizational, writing, verbal, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft software including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and the ability to learn and operate company proprietary computer software is required
- 1-5 years of experience within the energy efficiency or building efficiency industry is preferred
- Understanding of building systems (particularly HVAC) and/or sustainability practices is a plus
- Hands-on experience with mechanical, electrical, and control systems is encouraged
- Must have a valid U.S. driver’s license and have a personal vehicle to visit customer sites
Resource Innovations offers competitive salaries based on candidate’s qualifications. Resource Innovations also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.
About Resource Innovations
Resource Innovations, with recently acquired Nexant, is a substantially woman-owned and woman-led energy consulting firm dedicated to creating equal access to clean resources through diverse partnerships. The company’s deep roots and broad expertise in resource efficiency, policy development, coalition & partnership building and market-based technology support enable the delivery of highly success energy programs. Nexant brings over 20 years of expertise in demand-side management, grid management and renewables as well as a comprehensive suite of software designed to support these initiatives.
Resource Innovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, marital status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Resource Innovations complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company does work.
The above job description and job requirements are not intended to be all inclusive. Resource Innovations retains the right to make changes or adjustments to job descriptions and/or job requirements at any time without notice.